The existing original wing of the French Lick Springs Hotel was built in 1901. The area's mineral springs and subsequent spas, two championship golf courses, and a railroad spur that brought Chicago trains to the front entrance of the hotel once drew an elite, sophisticated, and wealthy crowd to the quiet hills of southern Indiana. But when the Depression hit, the hotel suffered. The French Lick Springs Hotel kept its doors open through the 20th century, although the condition of those doors and everything behind them continued to deteriorate, in spite of (or perhaps because of) periodic changes in ownership and sporadic renovation. Then the Hotel was purchased and restored by members of the same partnership that restored the West Baden Springs Hotel.
Silver Creek Engineering provided all structural engineering for the restoration of the Hotel and other buildings on the grounds. In 2006, 443 guest rooms and suites were opened, along with a fully restored spa, complete with Pluto mineral baths, new and restored restaurants and shops, and a pool complex including indoor and outdoor pools.