"Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it." Psalm 127:1
The Project Engineer has previous engineering experience and can apply the principles and practices of engineering to diverse assignments; is able to perform competently and independently with technical guidance necessary only when working on unusual or complex problems. Supervisory guidance is generally related to overall objectives, critical issues, and new concepts. The Project Engineer's tasks include, but are not limited to: structural/site analysis and design, drawing review, AutoCAD design and revision, field measurements and construction observation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structural/Site Analysis and Design: Performs structural/site analysis and design as assigned by Supervisor or Project Manager in accordance with accepted engineering practices and in a timely manner. Assembles design documents.
- AutoCAD: Creates and edits drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Drawing Review: Review of own work and shop drawing review as requested.
- Field Work: May visit project site to record measurements and/or observe conditions. May visit construction site to observe compliance with design documents when appropriate.
- Client/Consultant Contact: Frequent client/consultant contact after assignment to project. May represent Silver Creek Engineering in meetings with clients, design team, and/or consultants. Files permits on behalf of clients when appropriate.
- Project Management: May perform some project management duties such as project oversight and development and tracking of project scope and budget.
- Supervision: This is normally not a supervisory position; however the Project Engineer reviews any work performed by others at the direction of the Project Engineer to ensure quality control.
BSCE or MSCE from an accredited engineering university
Engineer Intern Certification
Experienced in using structural design software and Excel
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3 years minimum previous engineering experience
Click on the title you are interested in to find out more
If you have questions or would like to apply for one of these positions, please contact Amy Wesner at (317) 297-5610 or send your resume and cover letter to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.