"Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it." Psalm 127:1
This is an entry and second level position in which the individual's engineering skills and knowledge are further developed through the tasks assigned by the Supervisor or Project Manager. Close supervision is provided at this level for new aspects of assignments. The Staff Engineer's tasks include, but are not limited to: structural/site analysis and design, drawing review, AutoCAD design and revision, field measurements and construction observation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structural/Site Analysis and Design: Performs structural/site analysis and design as assigned by Supervisor or Project Manager in accordance with accepted engineering practices and in a timely manner.
- AutoCAD: Creates and edits drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Drawing Review: Review of own work and shop drawing review as requested.
- Field Work: May visit project site to record measurements and/or observe conditions. May visit construction site to observe compliance with design documents when appropriate.
- Client/Consultant Contact: Occasionally communicates with clients or consultants as needed in order to complete assignments or respond to questions.
- Supervision: This is normally not a supervisory position; however the Staff Engineer reviews any work performed by others at the Staff Engineer's direction to ensure quality control.
BSCE or MSCE from an accredited engineering university
Must have or be actively pursuing the Engineer Intern Certification
Excellent verbal and written communication skill
No previous engineering experience is required
Click on the title you are interested in to find out more
If you have questions or would like to apply for one of these positions, please contact Amy Wesner at (317) 297-5610 or send your resume and cover letter to Amy at email@example.com.